[Kde-java] Re: [Kde-bindings] Using a custom RealProxy to implement a C# SMOKE adaptor

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 11:56:12 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 10:23, Marco Ladermann wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 26. August 2003 10:34 schrieb Gert-Jan van der Heiden:
> > Doesn't SmokeInvocation need to use jni too, if it wants to access Smoke?
> > Then the proxy invocations take even longer...
>
> <snip/>
>
> > public void setSize(int size){
> >    this.smokeInvocation.invoke("setSize",{new Integer(size)});
> > }
>
> I second that. The SmokeInvocation object must discriminate the method
> call's anyway, so why not do that already in the calling Java object? If
> not Gert-Jan's suggestion, then
>
> public void setSize(int size){
>     this.smokeInvocation.invoke("setSize",
>                                 { int.class },
> 				{new Integer(size)});
> }
>
> to provide the complete signature to the SmokeInvocation object.
I'd like to wait before doing too much tuning, too early - but it should be
relatively easy to experiment, when there is more of the system in place to
measure. Maybe a drawback of the approach above would be that the code size
would be larger, and give a correspondingly bigger .jar file, although I
wouldn't think that should matter.

-- Richard