[Kde-java] QtJava api via Dynamic Proxies progress - part 1

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 10:36:37 CEST 2003

On Thursday 21 August 2003 08:05, Gert-Jan van der Heiden wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 August 2003 05:36, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I've got kalyptus correctly auto-generating the QtJava sources so that
> > they compile without error, all 60000 lines! So there shouldn't be any
> > need to put the autogenerated code in the cvs anymore, it can be
> > generated on demand.
>
> That is good news
>
> > Here are the build instructions from the README file, to try it out:
> >
> > A Java SMOKE adaptor based on Dynamic Proxies
> >
> > * Copy kalyptusCxxToJava.pm and kalyptusDataDict.pm to
>
> Can this be done based on the latest stable KDE release (3.1.3) ? I see no
> reason why it shouldn't. I'm going to try it.
I've only used the Qt headers, it should work with any version of Qt 3.x - I
haven't considered KDE code generation yet. It still doesn't do a lot, so I
don't want to oversell it - more it proves that the idea of using Proxies
will work. It should take about a couple of weeks to redo the QtJava runtime
to work with SMOKE. It will be ready for KDE 3.2 I think.

I'll check any changes into the HEAD branch, and I assume KDE 3.1.3 is based
on the KDE_3_1_BRANCH so any fixes for the old style java bindings could go
in there. I didn't even realise there was a KDE 3.1.3 release - I hope the
bindings for that built ok.

-- Richard