[Kde-java] Question about QtJava

Richard Dale kde-java@kde.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:31:06 +0000

On Sunday 17 February 2002 9:54 am, chan alex wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to ask where QtJava could work on Qt/Embedded and Qtopia.
> Or it could only work under Qt/X11.
It should work on any machine with support Java JNI and the Qt api, the
bindings don't depend on X11. Some methods are X11 specific in the Qt/X11
version of Qt 3 in the cvs. They won't compile on Qt/Embedded and will need
to be just commented out. They should also be removed from the version in the
KDE cvs too - I don't think the KDE or Qt apis used in java should have any
X11 specific types in them.

The version of the Qt 2.3.x bindings in the KDE_2_2_BRANCH of the cvs has
already been ported to windows, so all the X11 methods have been removed from
that.

-- Richard