[Kde-java] Some questions - long - KScribble in java

KJ P kde-java@kde.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:03:51 +0000

Hello Carsten

Yes that was my problem.  It was a test for KSystemTray in java.  The
application was instatiating the KApplication with the name of my
application and as such it did not have it's own icons installed but was
trying to use the icons of another application for an example.

I tried using the appDir() of KIconLoader but that did not work (for me at
least).  I thought it was good because it would give an example of a couple
of different things all in one example.

I am new to the make utilities and have not figured out how to do a make
install for java applications.  I can do a ./configure, make, make install
on an existing project but that is as far as I have experience.

>This "myapp" determines the path to search for certain resources (see
>KStandardDirs) and also for icons.
I will remember this because I did not know about the path.  I will look at
KStandardDirs right now.

>KAboutData if you use that)?
Actually I have the name of my application here.  That is cool, I did not
know that either.  So you can pass the app in either place.  Good
information to know.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Kenneth