[Kde-java] Some questions - long - KScribble in java

KJ P kde-java@kde.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:32:11 +0000

Thanks Richard

You cleaned up the code as well.  I have finally contributed something to
the KDE project!!!!

I still need to add the other excellorator keys.

Also, UserIcon() is missing.  I think that is a static method of the KGlobal
class.  It works fine as the following:

Sorry but code from memory again.

private KIconLoader ki;
   .
   .
   .

// the next part is very important as I found out after
//   a few hours
KInstance ki = new KInstance();
ki.setApp("myapp");
ki= ki.iconLoader();

QPixmap pix = UserIcon("something");

   ... do something with pixmap

// a private class using loadIcon of the KIconLoader obtained
//    from the KInstance object
private QPixmap UserIcon(String icon) {

   return k.loadIcon(icon);
}