[Kde-java] KPanelApplet

Richard Dale kde-java@kde.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:33:40 +0000

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 9:11 am, KJ P wrote:
> Hello
>
> Has anybody had any success in creating a KPanelApplet using the
> javabindings.  Have tried multiple ways now but can not get it to dock to
> Kicker.
>
> Any and all help would be appreciated.  It would be great to have a working
> example of this for the bindings.
>
> I think I remember a month back that someone was playing around with this.
> Checking back on the mailing list Richard said that he had some success.
No, only the KSystemTray class works at the moment. KPanelApplet needs more
callbacks to work properly. Also I think panel applets need to be built as a
special sort of project in C++ - it might need a C++ stub to work, which
would start the jvm and interface with the C++ 'outside world'. Then KDevelop
3 could have a panel applet project template, that would simplify all this.

So getting all that working is a project in itself, but all possible..

-- Richard