[Kde-java] Using KListView and KHTML innefficiency

George Russell kde-java@kde.org
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:33:38 +0000

Just a quick check.

Should all the KListViewItem constructors take QListView and QListViewItem
parameters instead of KListView / KListViewItem ?

It seems to make it impossible to use with KListView without casting. Is it
possible to add constructors etc usable without this casting?

Would it also be possible to get a official set of documentation on the kde
developer site?

KHTML in gilt takes a huge proportion of time in the write() method.
Is there some redundant unicode translation or is it just slow? I should
confess I put almost 2million Java characters into it in one write ;-) and
I'm changing away from using KHTML so much for KListView.

George Russell
--
 10:25pm  up 31 days, 23:15,  1 user,  load average: 1.08, 1.07, 1.09