[KDE-India] Introducing myself!! :P

Shantanu Tushar Jha shantanu at kde.org
Mon Apr 20 06:26:26 UTC 2015

Hi Naveen,

Nice to hear from you :) The first step to contribute to KDE would be to
use some of its applications or KDE workspace itself. You can install KDE
apps from your package manager (Software Center on Ubuntu for example) -
some of which are digikam, amarok etc (See a list here
https://www.kde.org/applications/)

To try KDE workspace (Plasma) you can install one of these distributions on
your computer (preferred) or in a VM-

   - Kubuntu http://kubuntu.org/
   - Fedora KDE Spin http://spins.fedoraproject.org/kde/
   - openSUSE (select KDE when installing)
   http://software.opensuse.org/132/en

(this is not an exhaustive list, there are dozens of other distros which
you can use for KDE).

Once you used KDE apps or the workspace, see if you can find some bug to
fix. If you can't, you can see a list of bugs people have reported here
https://bugs.kde.org/

Have fun!

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:33 PM, B R Naveen <br.naveen123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is B R Naveen.
> I am studying in PES University,Bengaluru.
> A first year B.Tech student!!
> Today I attended KDE_INDIA 2k15 conference @ Amritpuri,Kerala!!
> Am very much inspired by your talks..
> I will definitely contribute to FOSS!!
> I will start working on it very soon...!!
>
> Need your Guidelines!! :)
>
> --
> WITH REGARDS..

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)