[KDE-India] Qt applications for a workshop

shaan7in at gmail.com shaan7in at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 20:38:32 UTC 2014

Something to think about here is if it makes sense to demo a app that uses Qt Quick Controls. For new people it will be easy to grasp as well as more future-proof (as in most new KDE apps are written in QML).

Canonical examples for tutorials have been Calculator, Text Editor, a Web Browser etc. Kinda depends on your target audience.

On Mon Oct 13 2014 00:32:06 GMT+0530 (IST), Saurabh Sood wrote:
> Hi,
> I am going to take a workshop on Qt for a conference . The duration
> for the conference is only 2 hours. Could you suggest some
> applications that I could cover in the time frame? The target audience
> consists of mostly university students who would be having some
> experience in programming with C++.
>
> I was thinking on the lines of small widget applications demonstrating
> signals and slots and basic examples on extending QWidget to create
> interfaces, over full blown applications.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> --
> Regards,.
> Saurabh Sood