[KDE-India] Welcome to KDE India

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 15:04:09 UTC 2014

*( If you're already on the kde-india mailing list, please feel free
to ignore this email. It's not meant for you. )*

Hello people!

All of you have at one point or another expressed interest in
contributing to some aspect of KDE. One of the most important aspects
of KDE is the community. Therefore, in order to get you started I
would like to invite you all to the KDE India Community.

We have a special mailing list[1] and an IRC channel on freenode -
#kde-in. You all are welcome to join.

KDE is one of the largest free software projects in the world. We have
extremely diverse projects ranging from IDEs (KDevelop) to Music
Players (Amarok) to PIM Clients (Kontact) to traditional desktop
design (Plasma).

Each of these projects has their own mailing list. Based on which
project you're interested in, you should join the relevant mailing
list, and maybe hang out on their IRC Channels as well. I recommend
not using the "Digest Mode" when subscribing to the mailing list.

We have have noticed that some new comers (Not you guys, I'm sure)
occasionally ask a lot of "general questions" such as "How do I start
contributing?". As a starting point it would be nice if you read some
of the following links [2] [3] [4] [5]. Most of it is just general
information, which I'm sure you already know.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Also, if you
don't feel comfortable asking on the public channels, please feel free
to contact me (bshah), Shaantanu Tushar (Shaan7), Vishesh Handa
(vHanda_) or Akarsh Simha (kstar). We will be happy to help you in any
way.

And finally, all I can say "Welcome", and "Be Patient". There is a lot
to learn over here. You cannot expect to learn it overnight. Take it
one step at a time.

Anyone who has ever contributed to KDE has once been in your position.

Regards!

--
Bhushan Shah