[KDE-India] Thanks to conf.kde.in, Google Summer of Code - KDE

Ashish Madeti ashishmadeti at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 17:13:37 UTC 2014

Hi All
I am Ashish Madeti, 2nd Year Undergraduate student at LNMIIT Jaipur. I
attended conf.kde.in this year at DAIICT.
Before attending the conference, I was a complete newbie to open source
development. I was reluctant even to start but the conference motivated me
to contribute.
After struggling initially, I submitted few patches to Plasma Media Center.
The community is very helpful and helped me in rectifying my mistakes. My
interest further increased in PMC which made me to apply for GSOC. The PMC
team, Shantanu, Sinny ,Sujith and Simon maintainer Peter Grasch helped me a
lot with the implementation details and refining the proposal. As a result
of which I have been selected in GSOC '14.
(Its a little late but) I would like to thank KDE India community for
organizing a wonderful conf.kde.in 2014 and the whole KDE community for
giving me an opportunity to work with such nice people.

Thanks
--
*Ashish Madeti*