[KDE-India] GUI for WvDial plus send USSD commands: Jododial

Harsh Kumar harsh1kumar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 10:18:53 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I use a USB dongle with a SIM card to connect to internet over 3G. On
Linux, I use WvDial to make a connection. However, I faced one
problem. To know the balance details on my SIM card, I needed to send
a USSD[1] command (a star-hash command like *123#). I looked around on
the internet but didn't found something appropriate.

I wanted a combined GUI solution to connect to internet & to know my
balance. So, to scratch that itch, I created Jododial.

Jododial is a Qt5 application for Linux which is a graphical front-end
to WvDial & provides ability to send USSD commands (star-hash command
for mobile phones). It is free & open source software licensed under
GPLv3. Its a simple & small application which can be minimized to
system tray so that it runs in background.

Source Code: https://github.com/harsh1kumar/jododial
Jododial Page: http://harshkumar.in/jododial

It requires Qt5. So before building it, please install the latest version of Qt.

You can try it out if you think this is something you want. If you try
it, I would love to hear what you think of it. If there are any
problems or any question, I would love to answer them :)

Cheers
--
Harsh Kumar
harshkumar.in

[1]: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstructured_Supplementary_Service_Data