[KDE-India] Improv , group buy anyone ?

Kunal Ghosh kunal.t2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 14:13:37 UTC 2013

I had a few ideas , that I've been thinking about. One of that comes from
an image processing lesson in Prof Andrew's machine learning class at
coursera.

The idea is that this board is hooked up to a webcam and kept near the
entrance of a class / conf room. It  processes the web cam feeds to figure
out how many people are coming in / going out.

It can be done on a laptop too :) its just that using these SOC's would be
a little more discreet when monitoring the activity. And many of the
existing dev boards don't have enough physical memory to run these
applications.

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in> wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 Nov 2013 19:18:01 Kunal Ghosh wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I recently stumbled upon the Improv board (
> > http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2013/11/introducing-improv.html ) I really
> liked
> > the board in itself and the Idea that it represents.
> >
> > Its yet to be seen, how it differentiates itself from the rest of the dev
> > board crowd. I'm pretty sure, the super awesome and vibrant KDE community
> > will play a huge role in differentiating "Improv" ;) . Nonetheless, I was
> > looking forward to getting one for myself. Would any of you be interested
> > in a group buy ? We could save on shipping !
>
> Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on using the board for?
>
> --
> Vishesh Handa

*Kunal Ghosh*