[KDE-India] quick thanks and conf.kde.in 2013

Phalgun Guduthur me at phalgun.in
Sat Dec 8 14:49:32 UTC 2012

*Hello!

I had been part of conf.kde.in in 2011 when it was held in RVCE, Bangalore.

This time I want to pitch PESIT, Bangalore as a possible venue.
We have a very active Open source club which has already conducted two 24
hour hackathons and a 1 day open source conference as well. We are also
organizing a design innovation workshop with people from MIT, USA coming
in. [1] <http://india.media.mit.edu>
 <http://india.media.mit.edu/>
Lydia and Sebastian had been to the most recent one in November 2012.
Shantanu, Sinny, Sujith, Sai Dinesh, Gopalkrishna had attended the event in
April, 2012 too. They could vouch for the enthusiasm of the students (not
just the organizers) and the venue. We had 4 GSoCers for KDE from PESIT
this year as well.

About the college :

   - Located closer than RVCE to the city centre
[2]<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=PESIT,+Bangalore&hl=en&sll=12.974239,77.512295&sspn=0.078454,0.054502&hq=PESIT,+Bangalore&t=m&z=17>
   - About 40+ active members interested in help organize the event.
   - There is a very good hotel inside the college premises - the visiting
   speakers could stay there. Apart from this, there are private lodges 1km
   away from the campus (We are arranging for private accommodation from the
   college for the MIT event) There is a possibility of using the college
   hostel as well. (However, they will be available only during Jun - Aug)
   - 1 big auditorium which could seat about 1000 people. 2 mini conference
   rooms which could seat about 80-120 people. Another small conference room
   seating 50. All of them with good acoustics.
   - It is easily accessible by students of other colleges in Bangalore
   - The management is very accommodating and will approve the event

We have a workshop already lined up in January and with exams for most
students in May/June, we could have c.k.i in the March - April period.

Thanks!*
*Phalgun

*[1] *india.media.mit.edu**

*