[KDE-India] quick thanks and conf.kde.in 2013

Yash Shah mail at yashshah.com
Fri Dec 7 19:35:19 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I would like to suggest Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and
Communication Technology ( DA-IICT), Gandhinagar as the venue for
conf.kde.in 2013.

Few reasons:
> There are huge no. of KDE people in DA-IICT.
> DA-IICT ranked #1 in India for most number of students selected in GSoC
2012. We have really nice open source community.
> We will also get plenty of volunteers for organizing it.
> Venue is 20 km from Ahmedabad international airport
> It will also help us in promoting KDE in Gujarat. Currently huge no. of
schools in Gujarat have Linux on their systems.

Currently i am lead of Google Developer group in our college. I am also
member of student placement cell.

If everybody is interested, i can ask our college authority.

Cheers,
Yash