[KDE-India] RIP Kenneth Gonsalves

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:43:45 UTC 2012

Dear List,

Kenneth Gonsalves, those who don't know him, Kenneth was one of the
leading FOSS, especially Python community members in India.
Unfortunately, I have just got the news that he has passed away
earlier today.

All I can say is, Kenneth was a great supporter of FOSS. He was active
on various LUG lists. I have had the opportunity to meet him a few
times at various conferences, most recently being at PyCon 2011.
Earlier during his NRCFOSS days, I got to interacted with him. Have
disagreed and fought with him countless times on various things on
mailing lists, irc etc. There have been more than one instances where
his comments had pushed me to do more work for KDE. Can never forget
the Qt/KDE live coding session at NIT Calicut for 2.5 hours. Wouldn't
have happened if it not for him and what he had said to me the
previous day - "Slides? What good is that going to do? Can't you just
code and show the things you want to talk about?".

Will miss you Kenneth, for all your ways and things you did.  Rest in peace.

Pradeepto
--
Pradeepto Kumar Bhattacharya
A *Proud* Member of The KDE Project.