[KDE-India] kturtle in bengali

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:27:43 UTC 2011

I didn't see a reply on the list so, here goes.

2011/11/11 Joy Sankar Sengupta <joy.mcet at gmail.com>:

> Actually this is my final year project to create the package.Now I have the
> kturtle.tar.gz and kturtle.mo file and want to marge them to get the
> kturtle(in Bengali) as a package by which I can use the software
> in Bengali after installation instead of configuring the system
> manually(means install kturtle,then paste the kturtle.mo to locale,after
> that select the script language as Bengali etc.).
> Should I write a shell script to "move the kturtle.mo file to locale"?
> Please suggest some way.

In an ideal world you should submit the translated file to the local
language team for review and acceptance. That should allow your work
to become part of a standard KDE release. Since you are working
towards the short term goal of a final year project you may just have
to copy over the file to the appropriate locale. However, this is
orthogonal to the way language communities and translation teams
should work.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>