[KDE-India] Introducing myself

Sudhendu Roy sudhendu.kumar.roy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 21:21:22 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Introducing myself, I am Sudhendu Kumar (ROYal007 on IRC).  I am from B.M.S.
College of Engineering, Bengaluru, Karnataka and initially I have
contributed in terms of few bug fixes in plasma and many of you will
recollect me from conf.kde.in - the fat guy who used to help many of you to
get on the morning bus ;)

Presently I am a Google Summer of Code Student, working to fix a seven year
old bug in kdepim i.e. ability to reply to/forward HTML mails in KMail. In
more detail, KMail is not able to preserve the received HTML mail while
replying because of the lack of proper functionalities in OTP and
templateParsers. I am working on KMail to generate a multipart/alternative
mail from the recieved HTML mail so that it can reply to/forward HTML mails
while preserving the previous format. Secondly I'll be integrating a WebKit
based text editor in KMail.

I am still not ready with the blog post of my work, just got over with my
tiring exam :) Anyway my blog is syndicated on the Planet so you'll be able
to see it once its done.

I am having a nice summer and I wish the same to everyone.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhendu Kumar

http://sudhendu.in