[KDE-India] Good Morning !

Smit Shah who828 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:30:16 CEST 2011

Hello , my name is Smit Shah known as Who around the IRC. I am a Computer
Science student in my 4th year now in Bangalore. I am also a GSoC student
working Nepomuk. My project goal is to write metadata back to file itself.

Basically what that means is , currently any changes in metadata remains
inside of nepomuk itself , but certain files support the ability to store
the metadata , e.g. MP3 files,Image files etc.
so my project is to implement it through out the summer, as this feature
will finally make nepomuk a suitable backend for Amarok & digikam and other
application.

Currently i am hacking on the project in Nepomuk’s Randa sprint, i will
report back once i am back to India.