[KDE-India] Hello KDE India : Introducing Myself

siddharth sharma siddharthsharma18 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:01:01 UTC 2011

Hi Aman,

Yes that is a good book, Qt is essential to understand code written for kde
applications, in addition i would also recommend reading code side by side
 of the application you like that would force you to explore more which
line of code does what hence more learning.

urls: projects.kde.org
       *kde*-*apps*.org

and if you have some other queries irc: kde-in
every one would help you there.

Siddharth Sharma

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Amandeep Singh <aman.dedman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I am Aman (irc : dedman) , a student of computer science from Delhi.
>
> I love KDE Software and have been using it for over a year. I
> especially love using Amarok, Kate, Kopete, KMail and the Plasma
> Desktop as a whole.
>
> I wish to contribute to KDE but I have no prior experience with
> contributing to OpenSource.
> However i have been programming in C/C++ for some time.
>
> I understand that for contributing to KDE, I should learn Qt. I have
> started on basic Qt tutorials and I am planning on buying the book
> "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4" by Blanchette and Summerfield.
>
> Will it be a good starting point to Qt, and KDE in general ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> - Dedman

Skrooge, a personal finances manager powered by KDE 4.x
http://skrooge.org