[KDE-India] Hello KDE India : Introducing Myself

Amandeep Singh aman.dedman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 11:13:44 UTC 2011

Hi,
I am Aman (irc : dedman) , a student of computer science from Delhi.

I love KDE Software and have been using it for over a year. I
especially love using Amarok, Kate, Kopete, KMail and the Plasma
Desktop as a whole.

I wish to contribute to KDE but I have no prior experience with
contributing to OpenSource.
However i have been programming in C/C++ for some time.

I understand that for contributing to KDE, I should learn Qt. I have
started on basic Qt tutorials and I am planning on buying the book
"C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4" by Blanchette and Summerfield.

Will it be a good starting point to Qt, and KDE in general ?

Thanks.

--
- Dedman