[KDE-India] Airtel mobile broadband settings?

Wed Oct 6 18:49:54 CEST 2010

Have any of you set up a mobile broadband connection to airtel with Nokia phone?

I have the Nokia 5233 and have the "mobile office" setup. I am currently running on kubuntu 10.10 (Maverick). Im not really able to get the connection to work with my PC. The phone appears to be detected (but dmesg shows the error "cdc_phonet: probe of 1-5:1.10 failed with error -22")

I have setup the number as *99***1#, APN as airtelgprs.com. When i attempt connecting, it (NetworkManager plasma widget) momentarily flashes with "preparing to connect" and goes back to disconnected.

Any idea how i can get this working? Internet is working directly on the phone. Im on KDE 4.5.2
--
Cheers!
Kishore