[KDE-India] Which development for KDE-edu programs first?

sankarshan sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 05:56:43 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would naturally wish that KStars be translated into every Indian
> language, but then, many Indian languages don't even have basic
> translation :-P

One of the short term goals of any language that starts off on a
translation/localization project is to have the UI and, a smaller
functional set of applications done. Defining this "core" helps get
the work off the ground faster. This is a trend you will notice in
most of the language projects. Over time, the focus on additional
applications happens based on need, feedback and, the "itch".

If you consider the string numbers available for translation in
various desktop environments, applications, guides and, application
that you see being translated over releases and then calculate the per
translator load, I am sure you will appreciate the demands made on
each individual.

Translation is not mere string crunching. Even though it has been
known to be proclaimed as such.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>