[KDE-India] knetworkmanager NOT WORKING !!!

Shantanu Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 08:28:02 CET 2009

I too had the same problem with kNetworkManager in kubuntu 8.10. The steps i
perform are (on each startup) -

*ifconfig eth0 172.32.5.7 netmask 255.255.0.0 up
route add default gw 172.32.0.11 eth0
*
Then enter the following in the file /etc/resolv.conf -
*
# Generated by NetworkManager
nameserver 172.40.4.2
nameserver 202.144.95.4*

This works for me, though kNetworkManager shows me offline, and i have to
uncheck File>Work offline for internet to work.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Saurav Goswami <krishnasut at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello ALL
>

>      I have installed Kubuntu in my PC. But Knetworkmanager could not work
> . I configured my netIP but it looked  gray [ disconnected].
> I tried sudo knetworkmanager but the result was  no changed. Then i started
> to configure manually ---
>
> sudo ifconfig /a eth0 X.X.X.X netmask X.X.X.X
>
> sudo route /add default gw X.X.X.X
>
> but oh noo got same resul back !.
> Being hopeless i then reinstalled OPENSUSI and able to connect and send
> this post
>
> Please Help Me !!.
>
> Cheers
> Krishnasut[Saurav Goswami]