[KDE-India] configuring EVDO

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:12:49 CET 2009

Well the problem is that now I'm not using EVDO since 6 months so I can't
test it now. But, just selecting and trying to connect (without querying)
doesn't work? Also, check the system log (using ksystemlog or cat
/var/log/messages) to see if it lists /dev/ttyUSB0 . If it does, try
pppconfig and see if it works. If /dev/ttyUSB0 isn't displayed in the kernel
logs, there is some hardware issue.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Varrun Ramani <darthsitius at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/12/16 Shantanu Tushar Jha <jhahoneyk at gmail.com>:
> > For me it worked (5 months back) using KPPP and /dev/ttyUSB0, whats
> > the error you're getting ?
>
> The error i am getting is while configuring the modem. I select
> /dev/ttyUSB0, then select Query Modem to see if there is a response.
> It says "unable to open modem"
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Varrun Ramani