[KDE-India] Fwd: [fedora-india] [Fwd: [blug-non-tech] FOSS.IN/2008: The Omelette Post :)]

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:18:21 CEST 2008

Hi

Thought I must join the flame war and add my bit of fuel as well.

Maybe it is all about event focus. FOSS.IN is probably trying to focus
on productivity - getting things done and showing that Indians can do
it and that innovation can happen in India.

Other events around the country have different goals - mostly
evangelism, popularizing FOSS and increasing the user base for the
software we develop.

Maybe what we now lack is an event that is for new developers, who are
just learning to do bugfixes or to build code. [Earlier, I think
FOSS.IN used to cater to this group as well].

It's just about event focus. If FOSS.IN focusses on productivity, I
think there is nothing wrong with that, and it's just that we now need
to do a lot of contribution before we enter FOSS.IN.

Regards
Akarsh