[KDE-India] kubuntu kmail crashing

Fri May 2 17:52:40 CEST 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008 9:50:14 am ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ் wrote:
> > Backup your emails and play around with the kmail configuration
settings
> > that are stored in .kde (maybe even delete the kmail folders). Ideally,
> > purging the install should remove these folders, but it is worth a try
> > IMHO.
>
> I am trying all possible combinations. but so far it hasn't clicked.
>
> I had initially installed kde4-core when kde4 was launched and have been
> upgrading since then.
>
> I found kmailrc file atleast in three different locations one
> ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc, at other at ~/.kde4/share/config/kmailrc

Earlier releases of kde4 for kubuntu required manually updating a startkde
etc. where the environment variable "KDEHOME" was to be defined. This is
not a good thing. I mention this as I am surprised there is a kmailrc in your
.kde4 folder when  kmail for kde4 is not released. This must have been the
result of launching kmail from a kde4 session with the "KDEHOME" variable
set.

Is this your case?

--
Cheers!