[KDE-India] [New Thread]: TurboC / C++ versus KDevelop (with migration help)

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jan 12 21:07:58 CET 2008

On Sunday 13 January 2008 00:48, Gopala Krishna wrote:
>> [OT] A tutorial regarding comparison (and in a way, migration) from
>> the good old "TurboC / C++ Compiler" is ready for reference on the
>> website. I'll soon send a direct link to it, which ofcourse, could
>> be accessed under the Tutorials section. [/OT].
>
>Very glad to know :) I am very eager to pull my friends out of turboc
>c++ dead lock.

Coo! You asked for it, you got it! ;)

The article on the website is available directly at the following link
(and is accessible from the Tutorials page too).

http://www.kde.in/index.php/Getting_started_with_KDevelop

(A few screenshots are missing, they'll come up soon).

>(no flames please, because even i know tc is best tool for learners)

It would /have been/ so, under DOS, if we were working with 16-bit OSes
today. ;)

Windows today, are 32-bit OSes and have emulated a 'command' prompt.
(Apparently, there are times, when it, probably, has been used as a
loophole to overcome file permissions. I may have more to say, but I'll
stop).