[KDE-India] tr( "KDE 4.0 Announcement" )

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 04:38:45 CET 2008

Hi

        The KDE 4.0.0   Release announcement is due , supposed to
happen on 11th January 2008. If some of you followed the blogs and
such, you might have read that trunk was tagged already few days back
and the tar balls are ready as well. The release team and marketing
team have been working on the announcement and much more. Now the
announcement is ready for translation. I have been in touch with quite
a few translators ( the ones whom I know and / or were visible on irc
/ lists ). Those include translators for - Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil,
Telegu Bengali, Malayalam and Gujarati. I have pretty much a yes or a
confirmation from all of them that they are / will be working on it.
As of yesterday, I have even sent the announcement draft. If this list
has any translators or people who are capable and willing to
translate, please discuss ih here if you want and ping me off list so
that I can send you the draft asap and you can get a crack on the
same. The announcement will be sent off list only until the release
team decides to announce it publicly.

         Here you have to understand that - afaik - a release
announcement has never been translated into any Indian languages
before ( please correct me if I wrong ). It would be a good start. KDE
4.0.0 ( which is different from the term KDE4 ) marks the start of an
new chapter for KDE. Its taken 2 years since the seeds of KDE4 were
planted which has taken quite a nice shape and becoming better by each
passing svn commit. So even if your language doesn't have translations
for the desktop, no worries at all, no harm in translating the
announcement. In fact it would be cool and maybe bring in more
contributors to your translation team. Gujarati is one such example
where in Kartik Mistry has volunteered to translate the announcement
although he has yet to start the translations  ( one of his new year
resolutions apparently ). The splash would be big for this KDE release
event ( more about this later ) , so it would awesome if you could
chip in.

         Feel free to take it forward to your respective translation
teams and other teams as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

          Cheers!

Pradeepto
--
The KDE Project : http://www.kde.org