[KDE-India] KWebTest on Solaris Express!

Manish Chakravarty manishchaks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 07:35:33 CET 2008

Hi All,

KWebTest is a functional website testing tool.

KWebTest version 0.1 ( KDE3 Version is available for download)
( KWebTest is a functional website testing tool using KHTML.)

It runs perfectly on the SXDE 1/08.

No changes to code were required to make it work on Solaris Express ( Ok.
I'll pat myself on the back for writing really good code :p )

Screenshot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/manish_chaks/2299068309/

(if you look closely, you can see that buttons/form elements are "extracted"
from the web page and rendered on the left side so that the tester can
concentrate on what to record as opposed to what you see on a big complex
web page. You should see the "I'm feeling lucky" and "Google Search"
buttons. This extraction occurs for all form elements on a web page. cool eh
;) ? )

=========

KWebTest version 0.1 ( KDE3 Version is available for download)

( KWebTest is a functional website testing tool using KHTML.)
The project page is at:
http://code.google.com/p/kwebtest

The project is licensed under the LGPL.

If you want to have an SVN checkout of trunk:
"svn checkout http://kwebtest.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ kwebtest-read-only"

PS: I take the reader a line-by-line walk through of the code for my book.
This app uses a lot of widgets (Dock Windows, KHTML Kpart, Menus, TextAreas,
etc .. )

--
Manish Chakravarty
http://manish-chaks.livejournal.com/