[KDE-India] [CROSS-POST] [ANNOUCE]: KDE 4.0 Beta 2 Released!

Sirtaj Singh Kang sirtaj at sirtaj.net
Sat Sep 8 13:09:07 CEST 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007 12:39 pm, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
> On Friday 07 September 2007 12:39 am, Piyush Verma wrote:
> > Hmm, I tried Using it as well....Unfortunately its just the screenshots
> > that look good.  Long way to go for atleast a "working" Desktop. and
> > trust i was pretty dis-appointed as i am already expecting lot out of it.
>
> Yeah, especially that python support in kdevelop. All that nice news but...
> :(

Seeing my reply with slightly more rested eyes, I have to apologize for
it being unnecessarily harsh. The only point that I was trying to make
is, just like the hard work you've done, the surface doesn't reflect all
the awesome stuff that's been going on underneath. At this point all the
exciting stuff is what _can_ be done on the new libraries and frameworks.

One (poor) analogy is to the release of a beta version of a new Java
standard, or a new OS API.

-Taj.