[KDE-India] Fwd: [foss.in] FOSS.IN/2007 Project Days sessions

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:26:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Atul Chitnis <listadmin at linux-bangalore.org>
Date: Sep 5, 2007 10:42 AM
Subject: [foss.in] FOSS.IN/2007 Project Days sessions
To: "FOSS.IN" <foss-in at yahoogroups.com>

All:

 Here are the selected Project Days sessions, in alphabetical order:

 * Debian/Ubuntu
 * Fedora
 * Gnome
 * IndLinux
 * KDE
 * Mozilla
 * OpenOffice.org
 * OpenSolaris

 These eight Project Days sessions will be part of the CfP that will be
 published next week, and people will be able to submit talk proposals for
 each of them (and the Main conference, of course).

 Congrats to the eight projects, and my sympathies as well - having been
 selected, you now carry the burden of ensuring that you produce many
 Indian contributors. That means that your sessions have to be structured
 in such a way that it is easy for people to get in at the ground floor and
 the take the elevator up :)

 A reminder as well: if you are unable to get credible subsessions (talks
 and workshops) together through the CfP, you *may* face dropping. The
 same applies to the nature of the subsessions - if they are not
 contributor oriented (just user oriented) or if we find that the majority
 of subsessions are by people from a single commercial organisation, we
 will reconsider your selection.

 Remember that to us, the usefulness to the audiences (to bootstrap them
 into becoming contributors) and the quality of the subsessions comes
 first.

 So make sure that you get it right, in line with your accepted PD
 proposal.

 That completes phase 1 of the process - next is the Call for
 Participation, that will go out next week, after Team FOSS.IN meets this
 Sunday.

 Cheerio!

 Atul

 --