[KDE-India] FOSS.IN/2007

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 07:50:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/6/07, Pradeepto Bhattacharya <pradeeptob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Heya,
>
> On 8/6/07, Atul Chitnis <mail at atulchitnis.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Pradeepto Bhattacharya wrote:
> >
> > >          Good times! [1]. Project! :O HackCenter! :O Party!! :O!!
> > > Good times!  :) Watchout out for more CFP and more announcements! :)
> >
> > So where the discussion leading to a proposal for the KDE Project Day?
>
>           Well, I am sure it will happen. I just announced it to the
> list and ilugbom and I am hoping that others would chip in as well.
> And I surely will make it known to the KDE-World about the latest
> announcement.

              For starters, Qt4/KDE4 2-4 workshops are always a
possiblity - and should be done. I had actually discussed this even
last year with some people but things didnot quite materialise. I have
much more hopes this year. Plus recently people ( and by people I mean
core-devs)  from Trolltech have spoken to me showing interest in
FOSS.IN. I have told them whatever I know and my experiences at
FOSS.IN.  I will let everybody know when I get more information in
this regard.

              But yes, KDE Project Day at FOSS.IN, can be a reality
this time and should happen. I am not sure about exam schedules - but
we have 3 Indian KDE SOC candidates - Piyush ( check his interview on
the dot ) - who I think should show case his work on KDevelop4, Sharan
( not sure about his exams schedule ), and Anirudh ( lives in
Singapore, right? ) should be there. Other active committer to KDE SVN
is Vardhaman Jain from digiKam. I am hoping that Taj would make it as
well. And many more ....

               Cheers!

Pradeepto
--