[KDE-India] Hello World ! [was: Re: Welcome to the "KDE-india" mailing list]

USM Bish bish at airtelbroadband.in
Sat Nov 25 15:20:05 CET 2006

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 02:27:59PM +0100, kde-india-request at kde.org wrote:

> Welcome to kde-india mailinglist.  Your contributions to the
> improve  KDE and  evangalise KDE  in India  are welcome  and
> encouraged.

Hiya K-Folks,

The above spells clearly why I joined the list - evangelising.

For  five  years  now,  Sartaj  has  been  making  his  annual
pilgrimage to what is now  known as the "foss.in" at Bangalore
- and  every year he has  been after me  to put in a  bit into
KDE. This  year I made the  mistake of venturing into  the BoF
tent  ...  and  finally  agreed  ...  I  can  surely  help  in
evangelising and  in technical  documentation work,  which was
identified as a "deficit" area ...

Frankly, I am more of a console type, and not very comfortable
with modern things  like the mice, rats and what  have you ...
this mail written  in mutt should be proof enough  ! But then,
surely I can help.

This  is my  first  post on  list, and  as  usual straight  at
action. Could  we have  a personal  view of  how the  issue of
technical documentation could be approached ?

I  would  prefer  a  php.net   wiki  kind  of  thing  ...  for
programming, there can be no  better tutorial than actual bits
of code,  properly explained. Perhaps, entries  though open to
all should be corrected for technical correctness ...

Lets have your minds ...

Bish