[KDE-India] Creation of Application directory

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 13:43:55 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/11/06, Aditya Mooley <aditya.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> While developing the Koppermine application, I am creating a file called
> albumList.xml in the application directory i.e. HOME/.kde/apps/koppermine to
> store the list of albums.
>  But the directory apps/koppermine is not getting created by default when I
> install the application.

      Aditya, the correct directory to do this is ~/.kde/share/apps/$APPNAME.

>  My question is, Do I need to create this directory through my program or it
> gets created automatically?

       You can check this at the startof application if the directory
is present or not. Also you might consider looking at KStandardDirs
API [1]. You would be using "data" resource. Should be helpful to ya.

     [1] http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.5-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKStandardDirs.html

    Cheers!

Pradeepto