[KDE-India] Install Problem

Deepak Kumar Mishra itsdkm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:06:30 CEST 2006

Hello ,
 I am trying to install Konq-Embedded.
on my x86 system I have installed the kernel and gcc tool chain.
I dont have Xwinwors installed
I have downloaded the following versions of QT and kde

QT  qt-embedded-eval-3.3.6.tar.gz
Konq konqueror3-embedded-0.2-20060121.tar.tar

I dont want to recompile my kernel to enable frame buffer.
I have few questions now.

1. If I want to use qvfb , I think I should have Xserver installed. ( is
this true?)
2. to use Virtual Frame buffer , the guide says "Make sure QT_NO_QWS_VFB in
$QTDIR/src/tools/qconfig.h is not defined and compile the Qt/Embedded
library. " I dont understand this properly. when I use the above version of
QT,  in in $QTDIR/src/tools/ directory I dont have a qconfig.h file but I
have  qconfig-dist.h, qconfig-small.h, qconfig-medium.h .. files.. So how do
i go ahead?

3. The virtual frame buffer guide says "Compile qvfb as a *normal Qt/X11
application* and run it - do not compile it as a Qt/Embedded application."
can any one please explain me properly .. how to do this?

4. what does this mean "Start a Qt/Embedded master application (i.e.
construct QApplication with QApplication::GuiServer flag or use the -qws
command line parameter)."

It will be a gr8 help if some one makes my doubt clear.
Please help me .. I am a student and confused how to do this..

Regards
 Deepak