[KDE-India] PyQt (was Re: Kphotobymail 0.3 is released)

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 19:46:17 CEST 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 23:28, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
> Hey Kushal,
>
> On Monday 19 June 2006 23:14, Kushal Das wrote:
> > Its a PyQT based application for uploading photos to flickr account. You
>
> Nice to see that you use PyQt. What is your opinion of PyQt - how hard was
> it to learn, debug etc? What sources of information did you use? Any tips
> for new users?

If you ask me me to tell it in one line then I will say "PyQt is the easiest
way to do GUI programming in Linux :) "

I can write Qt codes with the power of Python. So, it becomes very easy to
code. For debugging also it is easy because python help you a lot along with
the Qt error classes. I can use the Qt designer to build the GUI.

If somebody know the basics of python, he/she can easily start writing PyQt
application.

The main source of information is "Qt manual". (You pointed it to me).
Actually I found it thoroughly documented. You just need to write it in
python way.

For the new developers, it will be the best to go through the manual as they
progress to code, they can easily catch it up. Kphotobymail is my first PyQt
application, though it looks gr8 for me :)

If anyone ever thought of writing their own KDE applications, its  time now
with PyQt.

Note: #kde-in is always there for help, if any :)

Regards,
Kushal