[KDE-India] Logo for kde.in, t-shirts and beyond

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Fri Jan 6 13:24:00 CET 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 05:40, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> Sebastian Kügler said on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 07:15:18PM +0100,:
>  > I don't know  the indian flag code, but what came  to my mind first
>  > when  seeing the  charkra was  the K,  surrounded with  the charkra
>  > instead  of the  gears (or  something between  gears  and charkra),
>  > using the safrane, white, green color combination in some way.
>
> I do not like the concept of the chakra being surrounded by the K - do
> not ask why. Does not sound very aesthetic to me.

It's supposed to be the other way round, the chakra surrounds the K, as the
gear does in the official KDE logo.

>  > Would that be legal and acceptable, if yes, is that a good idea?
>
> Umm.. did you read the sig to your message? (it was a quote from Linus)

Sure I did. But my personal opinion, or Linus' for what it's worth has nothing
to do with what's legal and what's not. So my question still is: Is something
like that legally acceptable?

> Moreover a  chakra, or  a design which  gives prominence to  it, would
> mean the flag is more similar to the real thing.
>
> I think  instead of using  the flag as  is - you should  use something
> similar to what pradeepto has posted.

Yeah, that a gear that has chakra elements in it. But since the chakra is
round itself, it might aswell replace the gear.

Cheers,
--
sebas

 http://www.kde.nl | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
Nothing ever becomes real until it is experienced. - John Keats