[KDE-India] Logo for kde.in, t-shirts and beyond

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Thu Jan 5 19:15:18 CET 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 13:10, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> Atul Chitnis said on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 04:49:32PM +0530,:
>  > http://mha.nic.in/nationalflag2002.htm

>    3.22 The Flag shall not be used as a drapery in any form whatsoever
>      except  in State/Military/Central  Para military  Forces funerals
>      hereinafter provided.
>
> Does not apply to us.

You didn't know that KDE contributors who passed away are buried with a flag
with the logo of the KDE local group on it? ;-)

>      3.27 The  Flag shall  not be used  as a  portion of a  costume or
>        uniform  of any description.   It shall  not be  embroidered or
>        printed upon cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins or boxes.
>
> Probably applies to the logo as posted.
>
> I deliberately  us the term  `probably' because if it  really applied,
> sportsmen could not use it on their dresses.
>
> A good option will be use the  tricolor as a part of the logo; and not
> the logo as a part of the tricolor - a la' the foss.in logo.
>
> A good way of implementing this  would be to have the tricolor + gears
> about 1/3 size ot the  words `kde.in' (maximum size of tricolor should
> be 1  inch or so) centered and  above the words kde.in.  Of course the
> artistic mind would have better options ...

I don't know the indian flag code, but what came to my mind first when seeing
the charkra was the K, surrounded with the charkra instead of the gears (or
something between gears and charkra), using the safrane, white, green color
combination in some way.

Would that be legal and acceptable, if yes, is that a good idea?
--
sebas, who would be allowed to put the dutch queen into the KDE gears :>

 http://www.kde.nl | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
Let's put it this way: if you need to ask a lawyer whether what you do is
"right" or not, you are morally corrupt. Let's not go there. We don't base
our morality on law. - Linus Torvalds