[KDE-India] Logo for kde.in, t-shirts and beyond

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at bootsplash.org
Wed Jan 4 23:27:02 CET 2006

Hi,

Good to see that several people are discussing this. Keep it up!

On Jan 4, 2006, at 10:14 PM, Sarath Menon wrote:

> On 1/5/06, Pradeepto Bhattacharya <pradeeptob at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 1/5/06, Till Adam <adam at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Heya folks, and a happy new year,
>>
>>     Happy New Year to all.
>> >
>> > with GNUinfy06 coming up Pradeepto and Devendra and I were talking
>> about maybe
>> > producing T-Shirts to sell/give away at such occasions, and for
>> kde.in people
>> > to wear when representing KDE. Ken Wimer, one of KDE's lead
>> artists, has
>> > kindly agreed to work out a motif suggestion with us, so we can
>> come up with
>>
>>     Ken, thanks in advance for your contribution. Sincerely
>> appreciate it. :)
>>
>> > a really nice looking and professional design. So, he's in the CC
>> of this
>> > mail, please continue cc-ing him, as he's not on the list, and give
>> him some
>> > input as to what you think would be cool as a logo maybe and/or on
>> the
>> > t-shirt.
>>
>>     I would propose KDE-IN written at the front with India Flag's
>> tri-colour ( saffron, white, green ) in the style similar to Akademy
>> 2005 at Malaga. The KDE gear can replace the "chakra" from the Indian
>> flag. Plus the KDE gear colour can be blue as the "charkra" in the
>> Flag is blue as well. :) .
>  How  about the konqii  instead of the gear? It can be a fashion
> statement too :)

Unfortunately the Konqi would be really hard to print, and very
expensive to print (due to the small elements of so many different
colors). Sticking to two or three colors would greatly reduce the cost
while offering a much broader range of printers to choose from since
not many do full color print on t-shirts.

But the idea of using Konqi is nice :-) Perhaps with time we could come
up with a one or two color Konqi for this purpose.

Bye,
Ken