[KDE-India] उत्तर: Logo for kde.in, t-shirts and beyond

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at bootsplash.org
Wed Jan 4 23:18:40 CET 2006

Hi Vivek,

On Jan 4, 2006, at 10:01 PM, Vivek Rai wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> I agree with pradeepto that some design involving the chakra (wheel)
> in the indian flag with some elements from the Indian tricolor flag,
> could be very relevant.
>
> To give you some background, Gandhi used some symbols like the
> spinning wheel very effectively during the independence movement. It
> evokes the feelings of self-reliance.

Indeed! I did a bit of research on the flag and read quite a bit about
it since it has a very interesting story. I will make one version with
this theme and another really simple one that someone suggested using
the colors from the flag but not the flag itself in that form and post
them soon (read tomorrow, as it is already late here).

> the idea of merging the symbol of the spinning wheel/chakra, that most
> Indians readily associate with, with the concept of free software has
> been used rather effectively in the logo of http://www.fsf.org.in/
> (IMHO)

Thanks for pointing that out, it is very nice. I will see what I can
come up with :-)

> cheers,
> vivek

Bye,