[KDE-India] Workaround: /etc/kde3 overriding profile configs

USM Bish bish at airtelbroadband.in
Wed Dec 20 19:33:27 CET 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 02:01:52PM +0530, subbukk wrote:

> I found a kludgy workaround for Debian/Kubuntu KDE 3.5.x bug
> that causes  config settings in /etc/kde3  to override those
> in profiles.

What are  the implications of  the change in config settings ?

Since the default developer tarball, compiled from source does
not  have this,  there  may  be certain  changes  done by  the
Kubuntu  developers, for  reasons  otherwise not  known to  us
readily. But  then, Kubuntu surely  works. What is  the actual
functional problem with this change ?

Bish