[KDE-India] Fwd: Fwd: PyQt tutorial part two

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 07:09:50 CET 2006

forgot to post to list :PP

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rajeev J Sebastian <rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 18, 2006 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: [KDE-India] Fwd: PyQt tutorial part two
To: subbukk <subbukk at gmail.com>

On 12/18/06, subbukk <subbukk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 15 December 2006 21:20, Rajeev J Sebastian wrote:
> > In fact, you could even take one of these up yourself !! If you have
> > *any* problems, you can always email the list, or for more realtime
> > support, come to #kde-in on freenode, where pradeepto, kushal and
> I wish I could. I am not upto speed in Python (though, it has been on my
> todo list for a long time now :-(). The examples were not picked
> arbitrarily, but to prepare Qt programmers for handling two big risks -
> memory leaks (inherited from C++) and code bloat. These decrease battery
> life and responsiveness.

Your case is exactly what I mean! We in #kde-in realise that there are
a lot of people with the requisite knowledge but lack the skills to
make Qt/KDE applications. Hence, we came up with the idea to have some
sort of tutorials on the freenode channel #kde-in. This will let you
gain the skills quickly (than learning on your own).

So, if you are willing to learn, please do come along, and spend some
time there. Learning Python is quite easy and additionally, making
Qt/KDE GUIs with Python is fun!

Regards,
Rajeev J Sebastian