[KDE-India] [a little OT] Of tutorials, typesetting and other things....

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 13:51:45 CET 2006

> Please, start making tutes in OOo or any package that you like. The
> important thing is to get the content right, not its implementation.

It makes more sense to have both right.

i respect anyone's decision, OOo or any WSIWYG package. You want it done
that way, cool. But let's not jump on an office suite bandwagon just because
it is there. There are better alternatives, that's the only point i wanted
to make.

Hackers since time immemorial, and by that i mean right from Bell Labs,
Knuth, et all have been using program based typesetting systems. The
tradition still continues till today and for good reason eventhough WSIWYG
is more prevelant.

i have no desire to start a flame war on this. Especially since my first
mail on this list was just a few hours back.

Regards,

- vihan