[KDE-India] odd kde-config behavior

Sarath Menon sarathmenon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 07:11:55 CET 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 13:55, subbukk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "kde-config --path config" returns:
> /home/ganita/.kde/share/config:/etc/kde3:/usr/kde-profiles/students/share/c
>onfig

Mine on gentoo
returns /home/sarath/.kde3.5/share/config/:/usr/kde/3.5/share/config/:/usr/share/config/

I believe this is correct.

> when the current uid is mapped to "students" profile. The global
> path "/etc/kde3" should have been the last one.

IIRC at compile time you can specify another directory which will house your
files, other than $KDEROOT. Gentoo for example uses this concept to install
kde-based tools inside /usr when the main kde installation goes
inside /usr/kde/3.5.

Cheers,
Sarath
--
If we were meant to get up early, God would have created us with alarm clocks.