[KDE-India] Google SoC [KDE Projects]

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 21:12:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

     Most of you might be knowing about the Google SoC 2006 which was
announced sometime back.

      Well KDE is one of the accepted projects for the same. From what
I have seen we do have quite a few students in this list. Interested
students can join the nice venture and have fun while doing some
really cool work with Qt/KDE.

      The  details about KDE related projects can be found here [1].
Many projects are listed in the page. If you can think of new ones you
might well suggest the same to this and kde-devel mailing list. In
case you like one of the tasks listed on the page go ahead and contact
the mentor listed for that particular task.

       Some of you might know that there were two participants in
Google SoC 2005. Ramakrishna R. [2]  and Sachin Gupta [3] . Some of
you might have met Ramakrishna during FOSS.IN/2005 too.

     [1] http://developer.kde.org/summerofcode/
     [2] http://developer.kde.org/summerofcode/labelbrowser.html
     [3] http://developer.kde.org/summerofcode/livingkde.html

      I believe some of you young hackers might participate this year
too. Good luck for the same :). Please keep the list posted.

    Cheers!

Pradeepto