[KDE-India] Action Plan

Atul Chitnis mail at atulchitnis.net
Tue Dec 13 14:51:36 CET 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Rajeev Joseph Sebastian wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 December 2005 17:46, Atul Chitnis wrote:
>> . Or a worldtime clock that
>> actually tells the time in confgurable cities.
> What are you asking for ? I seem to have all that working with the current KDE
> clock.

Heh - see? That's what I meant by 'actually tells the time'.

A *real* worldtime clock (as opposed to the cheap imitations and "just as
good as" knockoffs they try to sell you on the streetcorners :) is an
applet that runs on your desktop that shows you the time in selected
cities all at once.

gworldclock is an example of a *real* worldclock, and actually usable by a
business guy.

Another nice "fix" would be a tooltip that shows up if you hover over the
clock icon, that shows you the time in all the cities you have selected.

Having *one* clock that shows you the time in that timezone only when you
select that timezone is not the same thing. Neither is one where you have
to hover the cursor over a map to get the time in that place. Usability is
about useful information *now*, with minimal effort.

Atul

Atul Chitnis     | mail at atulchitnis.net
Bangalore, India | http://atulchitnis.net