[KDE-india] [kde-in] hi

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Wed Dec 7 09:30:45 CET 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 08:42, Anush Shetty wrote:

> Proper utilization of the parent KDE's resources is absolutely essential.

I agree, and I've therefor initiated the creation of a kde-india at kde.org
in.kde.org subdomain, where you are free to put any content you have. This
can be converted into a forward to www.kde.in once we've reacquired it. That
is being worked towards by the e.V. board in the background, btw.

List admins are currently Pradeepto and myself. I'll be happy to give that up
to anyone interested, once the list is operating for a while. As for the
webspace, since Taj and I are currently the only ones with subversion write
access, content you want to put there will have to go through us. Once
someone (or several people) takes ownership of the site and starts
maintaining it regularly, we'll give them an account, of course, so they can
commit changes directly.

I've also talked to Jonathan Riddell of the Kubuntu project, and he committed
to shipping a bunch of Kubuntu CDs to you guys, once he has them, which will
be another few weeks. That way you have something to hand out and use
yourselves. If more is needed, you guys can take that up with Jonathan
directly (jr at jriddell.org).

I'm pretty sure similar arrangements could be made with the OpenSuse project,
btw, but I haven't persued that yet.

I'm still working on the press release, btw, will run that by this list once I
have a draft.

Cheers, and thanks for joining, everyone,

Till