[Kde-imaging] PicasaWeb tool is obsolete. Replace it with GDrive...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue May 26 09:32:39 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I recently review bugs about PicasaWeb tool, and a lots or reports are
about major dysfunction to be connected to web service.

After to check Google API document, i seen that tool use old API which have
been disabled since a while. PicasaWeb have been replaced by G+ Photo web
service, but...

... now, It start to be replaced by GDrive web service. Photo repository is
always hosted to G+ social network, but we can access to "Google Photo"
through GDrive.

By chance, since on year, we have a Gdrive tool which work very well to
access to Google Photo. User just need to enable link to Google Photo to
Google Drive repository. I just tested with my account and it work well.

Somebody can confirm this workflow with another Google account ?

My plan :

1/ remove PicasaWeb tool. We don't need to maintain 2 tools at the same
time for the same web service.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=PicasaWeb&list_id=1266695&product=kipiplugins&query_format=advanced

2/ close all files relevant of PicasaWeb tool dysfunctions, move closed
files in GDrive bugzilla component, and remove PicasaWeb tool component
from bugzilla.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Gilles Caulier