[Kde-imaging] build kipi-plugins on ubuntu

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:22:30 UTC 2012

2012/10/3 Markus Schlichting <m.schlichting at mynethome.de>:
> Hi,
> first: Thank you for your great work! digikam and all the related stuff
> I've seen so far s great software, keep it up! :)
>
> I'm new to digikam and wanted to use the Gallery export plugin.
> Unfortunately it doesn't work with the packages I've tried so far
> (Ubuntu 64bit, regular repos as well as backports or philip5's
> launchpad). (It just hangs after setting the connection details)
>
> After I saw the recently closed bug discussed on the mailing list, I
> want to see if this solves my problems and build the plugins by my own.
>
> I try to build kipi-plugins on a ubuntu box with KDE 4.8.5, got the
> sources from peter17's github (https://github.com/peter17/kipi-plugins).

What's this fork ??!! We will not support it...

Source code from kipi-plugins is here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/repository

And yes, if repository from github is a copy (why ???) of OFFICIAL
repository, well tyou need libkipi from git/master :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/libs/libkipi/repository

> CMake run successfull, but make fails, I pasted the output to
> http://www.pastebin.ca/2238797
>
> It seems to try to use an API that's not provided, but how can I deal
> with it? Do I need a more recent version of libkipi (currently
> 4.8.5) ?
>
> Any suggestions welcome, thank you :)

kipi-plugins + libkipi source code is provided to OFFICIAL tarball.
Look on README file for details.

Gilles Caulier